Ah! It feels so good to be back here, doing what I love the most – blogging! Where have I been all these days, why I stayed away from my blogging and what brought me back? If this is what you are thinking, then wait for my next post (such a blogger-thing to say! 😂) However, I really want to share the reason for my absence because you may find my issues so relatable. I finally have put myself together and working towards channeling my creative energy. I believe, your lifestyle influences your emotions to a great extent. Making small positive changes in your lifestyle is going to take you a long way.
Look good outside and feel good inside! That’s my mantra for 2019!
A glowing skin and a healthy body are the two key ingredients to boost your confidence. Let’s take care of one thing at a time. I’ve taken a step towards achieving a clear and glowing complexion by making simple DIY facial cleanser. Let’s see more of that now!
Homemade Facial Cleanser
What Do You Need To Make This Face Cleanser?
Here are the ingredients I’ve used to make the homemade facial cleanser.
- Organic Oats – 100gms
- Orange Peel Powder – 2 tbsp. (I’ve used Bindu’s Orange Peel Powder which I purchased from Qtrove)
- Almonds – 10 nos.
- Saffron – a pinch (I’ve used Baby brand saffron)
How Is It Made?
✔️I’ve slimply taken organic oats and ground it finer for the ease of application.
✔️Then add the almonds, orange peel powder and saffron and blend it again.
✔️Store the cleanser in a clean and dry glass jar. I’ve reused a glass jar from Yami Herbals here. Looks perfect. Isn’t it! 😊
What’s The Best Way To Use It?
I may sound silly for trying to explain how a cleanser should be used. But, I have to tell you because this homemade face cleanser is different from your regular face wash. So, here is what you should do to get the most out of this beauty DIY.
- Take a little amount of homemade face cleanser using a clean spoon.
- Mix it with warm water.
- Apply it all over your face as neck.
- Leave it for 5-7 minutes.
- Scrub it off using little amount of water.
- Put on a moisturiser immediately after patting your face dry.
- Dive a damn to the stupid beauty standards created by the society because this cleanser is NOT going to make you ‘white’! 👊
What Are The Benefits of Using This Homemade Face Cleanser?
Now that’s a good thing to ask once you’ve given a damn to the society’s beauty standards. So, here are some of the many benefits this homemade face cleanser is going to give you.
- Oats restores the skin’s pH
- Skin looks supple and healthy instantly
- Imparts a healthy glow
- Almonds are great for exfoliating dead skin cells off your face
- Saffron is packed with vitamins and anti oxidants. It has great anti inflammatory properties and thus prevents acne. Nope, it neither makes you ‘fair’ nor the baby in a mother’s womb. Those are called ‘genes’ and babies are not born through pollination. 😁
- It does make your skin even-toned by reducing the dark spots and pigmentation
- Orange peel is an excellent source of the ultimate skin food, Vitamin C
Regular usage of this cleanser will make you look like a bomb even without makeup! I can say this because it’s been 5 days and my skin looks healthy and glowy. I am going to use it for a whole month to see if the pigmentation around my lips fades. I really want to get rid of it and will. Keep you all updated on how far this homemade face cleanser has worked.
I will share more about my skincare routine on Instagram. So, if you aren’t following me there, please do now! ❤️
Love you all! 😘