If you can dance in the rain without getting sick or crawl under the bed with ease, to get your kid’s favorite toy, you are fit. A muscular body or lean figure may not necessarily be “fit“! Fitness is being well, performing your daily activities well and thinking well!
Here is an open challenge for everyone who wants to get fit but do not know where to start. Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation has multiple benefits for the body and mind.
5 Reasons You Should Do Surya Namaskar Everyday
♥ Eliminates Toxins
♥ Improves Blood Circulation
♥ Triggers Weight loss
♥ Improves Flexibility
♥ Tones the Entire Body
Need More Motivation?
Learn the math!
🙂 1 Pound of Fat = 3500 calories 🙂
∴ If you burn 500 calories per day, in a week you will lose a pound of fat!
🙂 1 Surya Namaskar burns 13.90 calories 🙂
🙂 20 minutes of Surya Namaskar burns around 250 calories 🙂
Given the fact that more calories are burnt as we proceed through each set. Isn’t this a great way to lose those extra pounds?
Steps by Step Guide to Surya Namaskar
You may download this gif for quick reference!
Also Read: Top excuses Excuses Every Obese Girl Gives!
Weightloss/toned body/improved flexibility/better energy levels
Things You Need
- A yoga mat
- Dedication 🙂
Number of Repetitions
- You may start with 5 reps and extend it till 12 reps after a week
- Hold every position to the count of 5 and breathe normally
- Stretching before and after Surya Namaskar is important
- Doing it right after a meal isn’t a great idea! At least 2 hours gap has to be maintained.
- Do not over stretch to get the pose perfect in the first time itself
- Choose the best time to do it and stick on to the time until the challenge ends
Recommended Google Play Store App: Sun Salutos
Challenge Starts on : 9th May, 2016
Ends on : 29th May, 2016 (For those who loved the challenge, this should never matter!)
All The Best and Stay Fit!
Lots of Love!